Friday, April 6, 2007

My trip to Täby - Easter Eve 2007 (5 photos)



Täby is a small town north of Stockholm by about 15 kilometers (between eight and nine miles). I took bike paths all the way which took me by some water and through neighborhoods, as you can see in the photos. The day was very clear and sunny but cold (9 Celsius = 48 Fahrenheit) and windy, which made it seem even colder.




The homes are very consistent in color. I am told that the Swedish government has an approved color list, much like my Home Owners Association in Colorado. Only these colors are permitted to keep the countryside looking consistent and to prevent eye-sores. The two colors shown in the photos are the most prevalent. I have seen some older homes in white or grays. I've also seen some modern homes in other colors.

This Easter, many homes had picnic tables and chairs in the yards for family gathering but I think the cold prevented the hoped for outdoors meals.





No comments: