Sunday, April 8, 2007

A Morning Jaunt to Kungsträdgården

I walked to Odenplan this morning and took bus #2 to Kungsträdgården (The King's Garden). I was actually looking for the Catholic church. I found several church's (kyrka) but I passed the Catholic church several times before I found it. It's entrance is part of an office building and was marked by a small gold cross outside. Even the Lutheran church just on the otherside of the park was easily identifiable as a church.

I've never seen a church in an office building. Once inside, though, it looks traditional.

It was Sunday on the Easter weekend so many businesses were closed. However, I still found many resturants to choose from. I like the food in Sweden but, when I saw a Friday's (aka TGI Friday's) I felt I needed a greasy hamburger. There are exactly two Friday's's in Sweden and both are within a kilometer of each other. I think I got more greasy fat today in one meal than in all the past 3 weeks.

I wound up walking the area for two hours and taking a few photos, which I put on flickr. Click
on "slideshow".

No comments: