Friday, April 13, 2007

I ate a vacuum cleaner.



From my February post entitled "Puncherelle - not for dieters" you know that a vacuum cleaner, "dammsugare," is a delicious Swedish dessert. I finally bought one. It was indeed delicious. I highly recommend them for people without athletic ambitions. A healthy breakfast might be two dammsugaren and coffee (with no sugar).



I also bought two tubes of McVities Digestive Crackers, actually Digestive Biscuits, imported from Britain. The fact that they call these digestive implies all the others are not digestive. It's it a bit like buying "combustive" gas or a "drivable" car? Anyway, I can down half a tube with a glass of milk. Better than Oreos, I think.


On another note (a "different horse of another color" as Groucho Marx once said), my quotes became stars this week. Specifically, my new computer has a Swedish keyboard so the "-key has moved and the *-key is there instead, right next to ö, ä, and å. My fingers keep closing parenthesises when I want to open parenthesis. The trickiest thing, though, is that some keys have three symbols. Press the key to get one, press shift plus the key to get the second, press the ALT Gr key to get the third. I wonder if Mavis Beacon )the famous typing teacher) has a *Teach Yourself Typing" DVD for these keyboards.

No comments: