Saturday, April 7, 2007

J Speaks

Easter Weekend/Holy Saturday Post: Well, well, it's time I enter a blog. I am considered the "trailing spouse" in such corporate LTA (long term assighnments), and true to the name-here I'm trailing behind! I've yet to experience with D the adventures of Sweden as I am handling last minute preparations. (Picture me cleaning the yard of winter's remnants; dead leaves, broken tree branches, and of course the constant dog poop!) If that isn't a pretty picture, I am also having fun (quit my job 3 weeks ago) sharing the news with friends, meeting friends and my children for lunches and coffee here and there. Also, cancelling subscriptons, changing mailing addresses, visiting the bank, filing income taxes, and prepping the house for the August wedding of our oldest son. Then there was the one day D called and said "go buy long underwear....I've heard it is a must for the winters here"...and off I went. Also, I've run out for extra luggage and circuit adaptors. D has needed me back here to DHL (think intern'l Fed-Ex) papers back and forth that needed his signature. One day I visited his work 3 times and had to recruit all the secretaries for faxing, copying and notorizing. Thanks, girls....this is taking a whole TEAM!!!! Everyone there is just great. Whenever I am over there, I see people in the halls, etc. and someone always asks how things are going. It feels like family. Also, we couldn't do this without the support and enthusiasm of our 3 children. They are incredible human beings. Our oldest and his fiance are taking the dogs and our youngest will be staying at the house for awhile and taking care of it and our cat. What would I do without them?????? I will miss them the most.

I also needed to get all required immunization shots and my doctor visits up to date such as dental cleaning, physical exam, much of what was required for me to pass thru the immigration board. I am happy to say I passed thru and I have a work permit also! Will I work? Maybe...I will see. If I can go to D to Ireland or wherever, I'd love to have a flexible schedule so I can go. D was rushed thru immigration to get onto the job site asap. But for me....it's not SUCH a rush although I will happy to be a couple again. Can I say that again???? I will be happy to be a couple again!!!! Plans are for me to fly out Tues. Apr. 17th. I've loaded my ipod and started packing.

I did get to visit Sweden in '00 when D was there for a 6 mos. assignment, so I remember much about it. Living there for longer will be very different and I look forward to it and see it as a gift and a blessing. My job is to go and support D in every way I can. Also, I look forward to learning Swedish and seeing old friends whom I met both there in Sweden and here in the States. I've already bought some language CD'S and have started learning. I can't wait for the adventure to begin over there!!!

1 comment:

Dick Rochester said...

Yes, J is helping D out immensely! She has picked up the peices from a hurried departure and delat with a lot of the unpleasantries of moving. She deserves a little time off to have fun when she gets to Stockholm.