Monday, May 26, 2008

Missing Colorado...


My friend Art sent me a photo he took on one of his Colorado bike rides this spring. This photo captures what I miss about Colorado - the stunning beauty and the great bicycling roads (and tolerant drivers). My Sweden rides aren't bad though (when the weather is nice). The Colorado rides can be at or above timberline as Art's was. Mine are at sea level. I ride along water decorated with white sails, Art is riding among 14,000 foot peaks decorated with white snow. Plus, there are hills in Colorado so the climbing muscles get a workout. I do miss those hills (and the descents!).


As you can see from this blog and my Flickr account, I often take my camera with me in Sweden. I haven't yet hooked up with a bicycling group so my rides are a little more casual - I can stop for a photo anytime. One of my standard rides includes a short ferry ride between two islands. That's where I see the sailboats most. The photo here shows a bunch of sailboats preparing for a race.


The photo to the right is farmland near Drottningholm . Farmland is also a familiar site on my rides: forest, farmland, and lakes. Also beautiful but I prefer the Rockies.

The last photo is taken on a bridge in the small town of Ekerö. I've taken many photos from this bridge of boats going underneath. It's a good way to glimpse "boat life" in Sweden. It is unbelievable how many people boat in Sweden! There's also a huge variety of boats. Check out my boats until you're sick of 'em collection in Flickr.


No comments: