Monday, July 14, 2008

The Archipelago in a nutshell

The post is really a promotion of a tourist brochure. I like it so much I thought it should be available to my readers.....

To see it, click here. It's a downloadable tourist brochure (pdf) with some great information on the most significant Stockholm archipelago islands and some great photos. Doing the island hopping sounds like a wonderful week long vacation!

As you know from some previous posts, I've done a few day trips and it is very nice to go out on one of the ferry's, tank up with coffee about as thich as coal tar, down a sweet roll or two, get off at the island for the day, explore on foot, by bike, or kayak (or in the case of Finnhamn, a tiny motor boat), and then return on a late ferry where you can sip a glass of wine on the top deck in the open air. Striking up conversations with other archipelago visitors is also fun. A warm jacket is required on the top outside deck, even in the hottest part of summer. Well, the adjective hot doesn't really apply in Stockholm.

I will caution you about the photos in the brochure, though. They were taken on the best of days by really good photographers. I suspect they did some photoshopping, too. There are quite a few rainy days in Stockholm. Even still, I love going out into the archipelago.

No comments: