Sunday, February 17, 2008

Me and my Stockholm Winter Commuter Bike



Here I am with my winter commuter bike just coming home from work. Notice the saddle bags which contain my work clothes, some tools and two spare tubes. The handlebars sport a "Lights In Motion" halogen light and there are red flashers on the seat post. There's a bell on the front handle bars to alert pedestrians walking inthe bike path...

I'm wearing jeans over lycra insulated biking tights. The jeans are just to make me fit in with the crowds a little (reduce the nerdy edge). I'm wearing three thick jerseys and a hood to keep my head warm.

I'd prefer a mountain bike with front suspension but this hybrid bike seems to work just fine. I don't ride in the snow because I haven't purchased the steel studded tires that many folks use here.

The bike is an old 21 speed Trek 720 - not a racer but certainly well suited as a commuter.

And yes, I am 20 pounds (5 kgs) over weight! But I'm loosing....

No comments: