Sunday, May 27, 2007

30 Years in a flash


Today we (D & J, that is) celebrated our 30'th anniversary. Actually, although we'd been talking about it for weeks, it was mid-day before either of us remembered. I won't mention which one of us remembered...

We'd hoped to celebrate early last weekend on the island of Utö but decided the weather wasn't warm enough. Hopefully we'll do that sometime soon (and write a blog about it).

I went on a kayak trip today. The trip started at the Pampas Marina. Point 65 North has a kayak rental place there. The trip started around 1:00. I headed along the north shore of Ulvsundajön till I past the Carlsberg brewery. That's a good 30 minutes of constant paddling. I passed a nice looking Swedish woman on the shoreline sunning topless. She was sitting in a chair reading a book. I tried to read the title of the book but was close enough. She was still there on the return trip. AN was still there .... just kidding.


I then headed toward Kristineberg among some large boats and large wakes. At first I was afraid of capsizing in the cold water but soon felt very confident. I saw a few people swimming but they could stay in long.


Next I paddled completely around the Kungsholmen island and saw several other stunning topless young women sunbathing - actually sitting up with the headlights pointed right at me. I underestimated how long it would take and was hurting by the time I got back to the rental place. About mid-way around the island, one of us remembered the anniversary and called the other....


J stayed at he apartment today and caught up on some reading and emails, did a little watercolor painting, and corrected some of my spelling errors on one of the other blogs.

She also collected her photos from the previous evening's party.


Tonight we'll have a small celebration but reward ourselves for putting up with each other for 30 years next weekend (probably) with two nights on Utö. The accomplishment of 30 years of marriage is dwarfed by the accomplishment of raising three wonderful kids that somehow managed to succeed despite us!

No comments: